Thursday, October 30, 2008

"That's Boyly"

I was thinking about how I might sum up my day today (you know, how you can write a sentence on your Facebook page that way?). And thought this is was perfect...

"Hillarie is enjoying life with her boys!"

The past couple of weeks I have felt very happy about the life God's given me and the blessing of my two little guys. We've just been having some cool times together, the three of us, and it's been so fun to be their mom!

Today, Mason and I were drawing together...it's his latest thing, he LOVES to write with pencils and to color. Anyway, he asked if he could "write with pencils" (which stems from another story all-together...might post it on our family blog.) and brought in some paper and 2 pencils. He handed me one that had tinkerbell on it and assured me that that one would be mine. He held up his and said, "This one is mine, it's boyly...you know, and yours is girly." Ha! Ha!

I love that I have two boys. I love that I get to watch them be "boyly" and to be the "girly" one in their lives for a little while (well hopefully longer than a little while). It's such a privilege!

I was studying the story of the prodigal son this week. (Luke 15:11-32) I had a whole new perspective in reading it this time. I got stuck on the very first verse: "There was a man who had two sons." I have read the story over and over throughout my life, but suddenly thinking about it from the perspective of a mother of two sons, I was able to see even deeper into the love the Father had for his two boys. As much as I love my boys, I know that my love for them will never compare to the love the Father has given for us. And seeing the love and the character and the interactions of the Father in the story, I am learning so much about the parent that God desires for me to be.

Thank you, Father, that I can love (my boys) because you loved me first!

1 comments:

michele law said...

Such a smart and funny guy! I must say that I have never thought about saying boyly. I have always said girly but never though about the other way around.