Friday, October 10, 2008

Family Feelings

Ugh...another 3 weeks has passed! I think I've come to realize that blogs are good for marking how quickly time passes...


This afternoon I am sitting in my sister's living room and I am overcome with thoughts and feelings of family. It's been a crazy two weeks for my sister and her family! Two weeks ago today, she called me in tears concerned about some intense pain in her back and stomach area...a few days later she called again from the hospital...a few days later as they were preparing her for surgery to remove her gall bladder.

So I think about family...

My sister's family--that has so successfully dealt with this major disruption of peace and order in their lives--has clung together and made the most of their situation. They have loved eachother and trusted the sovereignty and the hand of the Lord. It was in the midst of her struggle that she reminded me that the Lord's mercies are new every morning and aportioned for each day's needs. She was not overcome! (Lamentations 3)

My family--3 sisters, who have shared so much through the trials and storms of life--have found such joy in sharing our lives. What a provision they are for me! It is such a privelege for me to love them. Such a privilege for me to love their sweet families! They teach me so much about the friends we are to be with eachother...greater love has no one than this that He lay down His life for His friends.

My "family"--great friends who pour into me and who allow me to pour into them--have carried me through this faith journey of life. I am blessed with amazing friends who seek to know the heart of God and who challenge me to do the same. Friends who become family for me as they help me raise my hands in the battle.

I am thankful for the body of Christ surrounding me in the family and friends He has blessed me with. We love...that's what we do! I am glad to share this life with you!

0 comments: