Tuesday, November 11, 2008

30 years 6 days and 30 minutes




I made it through!

I turned 30 last week and I survived! I wasn't sure that I would survive...I just didn't really want it to happen. I guess I don't feel 30, so I didn't think I should have to turn 30. Well...turns out that you can't stop your 30th birthday from coming!

Here's what I think:

Each decade brings something new.

When you turn 10 you are just excited about entering the 2-digit zone. Soon you are going to middle school, then high school, then driving...there's lots of fun ahead and you're a BIG kid. I liked being a BIG kid and learning the new things that growing up brought with it.

When you turn 20, you enter your adult life and all those exciting adult things are ahead. You graduate from college, get a job, find a spouse, begin a family... My 20s were fabulous and so many of my dreams have come true...it's been such an exciting journey.

So what happens when you turn 30?

I would love to hear from you 30-somethings on the topic...

2 comments:

Amber said...

Well, I'm not thirty, but I know that I couldn't wait to get to 25 and now 26 so I could be older and more "respected". But I'm ok with slowing down now! Happy late Birthday!

JBo said...

I hated turning 30, but once I did, I thought it was AWESOME! 20's were soooo fun and everything was new and exciting. I think people start to take you seriously when you are in your 30's. I didn't know they WEREN'T taking me seriously when I was in the 20's...but I noticed a subtle difference.

You have a bit more wisdom in your 30's and it comes in handy. I have REALLY enjoyed my 30's. I finally figured myself out in my 30's. And, now this decade is rapidly coming to a close. Only 1.5 years until (I'm not sure I can say it).....the 40's. (Ouch that hurts!)

I'm sure being 40 will be awesome. My hubby turned 40 awhile back and he is as handsome and super as the day I met him....probably more so.

You will love your 30's, Hillarie. You are a great mom and a wonderful wife and an awesome woman of God. Embrace the 30's!!! Love you to pieces!