Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ponderings...

With a new little one at home my hobbies and habits are definitely being rearranged! Unexpectedly, I do have some quiet time when both boys are sleeping in the afternoon...but for whatever reason, I can quickly fill that time with anything other than sitting in my quiet place with the Lord.

So, I do a lot of pondering...

I think it's sort of like praying...thinking about things, then offering my thoughts to the Lord and asking what He thinks. I'm so thankful that the Lord loves me and meets me in my stay-at-home mommy world. I'm thankful that He tolerates my ponderings and speaks to me throughout our sporadic conversations. And I trust that He will make provision...and I will choose obedience...and we will meet in the secret place soon to dig deeper into this relationship of ours.

As for now, I am pondering lots on wisdom.

Wisdom is something that we can't go a day without. It's something that can sometimes seem to make or break us. We can't come up with our own wisdom...and we can't fake it. I was reading in James 3 yesterday. He is very clear about the characteristics of true, God-given wisdom. He says, "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." And in Proverbs 2 it says "turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God."

I long for this wisdom. I am calling out for it. Wisdom that comes from Heaven that helps me to understand the fear of the Lord and the knowledge of God. Wisdom that keeps me walking in His ways and following His truth. Wisdom that is relfected in my actions as a mother, a wife, and a friend.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I found your blog and I am excited to be able to read your words! I miss seeing you at Tech!