It's been almost two weeks since I've gotten on to write. There have been lots of moments in between then and now...moments of tears, moments of rejoicing, moments of pleading, moments of rest. Life truely is a journey, and it's most evident when you look back and see how much purpose and divine intervention is involved in the journey.
My moments of tears have been mostly over the loneliness that comes from the disconnectedness that comes from division. As you can read in my blogs before, I have really been walking through battles involving these things. It is very difficult to long so much for community and connectedness and to face disunity day in and day out.
My moments of rejoicing came over the last week with Mason's 4th birthday! I thoroughly enjoyed celebrating him! It is an amazing opportunity to be his mom and to see how much the Lord is growing him and teaching him. He's so big! He's so wonderful! This was the most "aware" birthday he's had. I think he liked being celebrated...definitely knew how he wanted it to look and knew what would be the best way to be celebrated. And, of course, he had to have that transformer that makes noise! I'm looking forward to a lifetime of moments to celebrate and rejoice over him!
My moments of pleading have been constant over the past couple of weeks. The Lord spoke so clearly that He wanted me to find refuge in Him. I have pictured taking up root in the eye of the storm...though the storms are raging around me, I am abiding in the shelter of the most High. He is hearing my prayers...knows my longings...sees the pain around me. He hears from heaven and is healing our land...so I continue to plead.
My moments of rest have come in the most unlikely of provisions...in the most timely of conversations...in the quiet of my refuge. He is present, a very present help in trouble. He is provider, satisfying our desires at the perfect time. (Of course not what our "perfect" might be, but His perfect...the most glorifying!) My moments of rest come in trusting Him to be my shepherd.
I am thankful that He has given me the last two weeks of moments...and trusting that in every moment, He is there!
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (moments of provision). He makes me lie down in green pastures (moments of rest), He leads me beside still waters (moments of direction), He restores my soul (moments of healing). He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake (moments of glory). Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, (moments of tears)I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (moments of security)You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. (moments of victory) You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (moments of rejoicing) Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life (moments!), and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
Quinn - 24 Months
9 years ago
2 comments:
I really cannot believe Mason is four. I can still remember your baby shower so clearly! That is just nuts!! I got to experience the excitement of a child's bday for the first time last week! It's a lot of fun...and hard at the same time. They aren't babies very long!
I enjoyed reading your blog! Hope you are well!
Post a Comment